Friday, May 28, 2010

Geoff, I am spending all this time with you right now that I haven't been doing enough of for quite some time, so feeling closer to you even though you are now gone. The distance made appreciation harder in this case because it was just given that every time I go home I will take the CAT bus to see you and have a wonderful time like we never missed a beat. I feel like you are being preserved and appreciated right now in a way that we are not capable of until we lose something. But THANK YOU, GOD, GEOFF for leaving us with so much to live by: for all your writing. And for all your wisdom and advice in life. I was thinking about you before and after I heard without even realizing the difference... Thinking of when you told me if you were dating someone that had a BBQ and didn't invite you you'd be quickly headed out the door, obviously, no second thoughts about it. And I was involved in this weird shit where my special-lover-friend did not show up on my Birthday (but at least he didn't die like you did, punk! At least I will think of you every birthday, think of the birthday you both made and ruined when we first met, watching the sun rise on the bleachers flirting with Kathy instead of me..dang!) and just thinking, "Geoff would think this is nuts. I should listen to Geoff." This didn't change because you were alive or not, you are just such a positive force, such a wise old man in such a young age.

No comments: