Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Something that did not occur to me earlier in life is the fact that I have social anxiety. And we're talking: A LOT. I don't know if it developed as of recently or if I have always had it. I guess I can tell that throughout time I have found various ways of isolating myself, which probably suggests social anxiety... but a favorite quote from Daria says, "I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else." And this is how my isolation has often felt.

Now I am less of the center in my own universe than before so I recognize that people out there are cool and interesting and maybe if I am bored it is bot because the people around me are dull but I myself am dull. Hopefully soon I will figure out how to be myself around groups..? Glalalalaaaaaaaaaaaah. I feel like a dusty old shoe, creeping out of the woodworks!

No comments: